Our Programs

Program Categories - Experience Abroad

What are the J-1 Intern-Trainee program categories?

J1 Program Eligibility Categories

Intern Program Category

  1. Currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree of certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution; or
  2. Graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to the start date of the internship program.

Trainee Program Category

  1. Holds a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution, and has at least one year of prior related work experience in their occupational field acquired outside the United States; or
  2. Has five (5) years of work experience outside the United States in their occupational field.


Got Questions?

Visit our FAQ’s page or email us at info@experienceabroad.com.